A password will be e-mailed to you
Search for Properties
Sign Up for
Leasing With Inn-Town Homes
Check our homepage for a link to Early Rental Options!
The first step: Once you have decided on your number of roommates, the area of campus you are interested in, and your price range, you can call our office to set up an appointment. Our highly trained staff will take you on a 1-hour appointment which allows you to view 4 to 5 properties. We strongly suggest all (or the majority) of your roommates be present for the appointment. This will help expedite your decision and allow you to get your first choice of apartments. You can call the office at 614-294-1684 to start scheduling tours as soon as 10/3/2019. Guided property tours begin 10/08/2019.
Current residents have until 10/1/2019 to decide if they are renewing. If you have an apartment or home in mind that you already know you would like to rent, and you’ve viewed the apartment with the current residents, you can apply our EARLY RENTAL OPTION by getting the current residents to sign their apartment over to you before their renewal deadline of 10/1/2019. In order to do this, you can find an EARLY RENTAL OPTION FORM under the “Download Forms” section of our website. All current residents on-lease would have to sign the form. You would then bring in your form, along with your Lease Holding Fee (security deposit – see below), to our office between the hours of 9am-5pm weekdays.
We found an apartment we want to rent, now what do we do? – When you decide you want to rent an apartment, you must pay a Lease Holding Fee for the apartment. A lease holding fee is typically equal to a month’s rent and keeps the apartment off the market until you move in. The Lease Holding Fee is required to begin the rental process. This fee can be paid in cash, check, money order, debit, or credit card. Once you move into your apartment, this money paid becomes your security deposit. The security deposit makes sure residents pay all rent during the year and leave the apartment in good condition upon vacating. The deposit will be refunded within 30 days after the end of your lease date, minus any damages and unpaid rent/fees.
Once you’ve remitted the Leasing Holding fee, you will receive the following paperwork:
- CONTACT INFORMATION – On the day you submit the Leasing Holding fee, you will need to provide Inn Town Homes with the following information which we’ll use to send you your online Applications and electronic Lease Agreements:
⦁ Resident Information – Please have ready the names, emails, and phone numbers for each student who will be residing in the apartment.
⦁ Cosigner Information – Each student is required to have a cosigner. Please have ready the names, emails, and phone numbers for each resident’s cosigner.
- Online Applications & Electronic Leases – Once you’ve submitted your contact information, you will be sent a link to fill out an online application via the email you provided us. You will have 24 hours to complete the application and 48 hours to sign your lease agreement from when you open the emails. There is a $10 fee per applicant and cosigner.
NOTE: All deposits, leases, and applications must be received by Inn-Town Homes within 5 days of the initial deposit. **
**Failure to do so may result in re-rental of apartment. Once the applications and the lease are complete, and the holding fee is paid, you have successfully rented an apartment from Inn-Town Homes!
You can contact our office in the months of February and March ONLY to schedule a single appointment for your group to view the apartment again. We have floor plans for most of our apartments, and you can request a copy in our office. Beginning April 1st, we will downsize our staff and will no longer have extra personnel to take you on these appointments.
- What is a water / CAM charge?
The water and Common Area Maintenance (CAM) charge is a monthly fee for the water and sewer usage of your apartment. Note: This amount is already included in the rent price listed at the top of your lease. CAM includes general cleaning outside the building, lawn care, snow removal, salting, etc. This does not in any way exclude the residents from taking responsibility in cleaning up the exterior of the building after parties.
- My move-in date is mid-month. Do you prorate the first month’s rent?
Your rent is already prorated. We take the total amount of rent we want to receive for the year, prorate out the number of days you won’t be in the apartment, and then divide it into twelve equal installments. This method makes it easier for you to keep track of how much you owe each month.
- Can I sublet my apartment?
Subletting is permitted in the summer months only (May, June and July only for 2020-21 school year). We suggest you get a security deposit (at least $100), because as the signer of the lease, you will ultimately be responsible for any damage that might occur to the unit. We also require that you turn in a sublet agreement, an application, copy of photo ID, and contact phone number for your sublessee.
Living With Inn-Town Homes
- We allow pets in several of our apartments!Those properties where we DO allow pets are: 2262 N High, 227-233 W Norwich, 49 E Norwich, 88-90-92 E Norwich, 89 E Norwich, 105-107 E Norwich, 119-121-123 E Norwich, 164 E Norwich, 170 E Norwich, 176-178 E Norwich, 35-37-39 E Lane, 95-97 E Lane, 132 W Lane, 240 W Lane, 254-256 W Lane, 31-33 Frambes, 47 Frambes, 30-36 E Woodruff, 1988 Iuka, 47 E 18th, 49 E 18th, 42 E 17th, 48 E 17th, 58 E 17th, 95 E 14th, 190 E 14th, 48-50 E 13th, 62 E 13th, 185 E 13th, 191 E 13th, 61 E 12th, 64-70 E 12th, 132-140 E 12th, 383-389 E 12th, and 169-175 W 10th.The properties where we do NOT allow pets are: 99-101 E Norwich, 140 W Lane, 156 E 13th, 197 E 13th, 101 E 12th, 109 E 12th, 181 E 12th, 19 W 10th, 75-77 W 10th, 137 W 10th, 230-232 W 9th, 151 W 8th, 1464-1470 Highland, 1699-1701 N 4th, 1743-1745 N 4th, 1842-1844 N 4th, 485-487-491 Alden, 2138 N 4th, and the Iuka Park Commons. We do NOT allow pets in any of our roommate matching apartments, even if they are in pet-friendly buildings.
• If you are renting one of our apartments that allows pets, the following Pet Policy will apply:
o Pets will be permitted ONLY with PRIOR written permission from Inn Town Homes – breed and size restrictions apply so you must check with the office before adopting a pet
o Visiting pets are not permitted in any of our apartments at any time
o To receive permission, our office must receive a photo of the pet, along with a copy of updated veterinary records confirming all vaccinations (listed specifically below), as well as flea/tick prevention treatment.
• Distemper Combo/Lepto/Bordetella
• Negative Stool Sample for parasites
• Current flea/tick preventive via veterinarian
• Current licensure information.
• Distemper combo/FELV
• Negative stool sample for parasites
• Current flea/tick preventative via veterinarian.
o Each pet will require a $250.00 non-refundable pet fee, as well as the signing of a pet addendum
o Apartment may not exceed two (2) dogs, or two (cats), or one (1) dog and one (1) cat
o Pet rent is $25 per month per pet as per the pet addendum.
- Because parking is extremely crowded all over the campus area, parking spaces are limited and vary per building. Please see your leasing representative for specific information about your apartment.
Yearly cost of parking passes are $100* per pass.
- *This price excludes parking passes for the apartments at 31-33 E. Frambes and 30-36 E. Woodruff. These buildings are in a gated parking garage serviced by the Ohio Stater and are $600-$780 for the year (see your leasing agent for details), payable by debit card or check. The Ohio Stater does not accept credit card or cash.
- If you know that you are going to have more cars than your allotted spaces, you may purchase permit-parking passes through the City of Columbus. The phone number is (614) 645-6400 and the office is located at 2700 Impound Lot Road. These districts exist on E. & W. Norwich Ave., E. Northwood Ave., part of Frambes, E. 17th, E. 18th, E. 14th, E. 13th, E. 12th, W. 10th, and part of W. 9th. Check for signs in your area.
- Rent is always due on the 1st of every month with the exception of your first installment. All residents will pay their first installment of rent (August 2020) by move in day. We offer a Secure Online Payment Portal during your lease term. You will be required to use it exclusively and it will offer payments in the form of an ACH [electronic check – free!], credit or debit card [for a service fee.] The rest of the monthly payments will begin September 1st 2020 and end on July 1st 2021. Residents that do not use the portal for payment are subject to a $50/month service charge. Students choosing to pay by semester or entire year must contact the office to make the payment arrangement.Remember, the security deposit you pay upon rental does not count as rent; it is strictly a security deposit.
- How do we pay for utilities? Inn-Town Homes does not in any way assume responsibility for the utilities inside our apartments. Each apartment is responsible for setting up utilities in their own names. The only exception to this is the water, which is included in and paid as part of your rent each month.
Spectrum (Formerly Time Warner): 614-481-5050 or online at www.spectrum.com
Columbia Gas: 1-800-344-4077 or online at www.columbiagasohio.com
American Electric Power (AEP): 1-800-277-2177 or online at www.aep.com
City of Columbus (Division of Electric): 614-645-7360
Inn-Town Homes provides a very helpful move-out packet that describes what is expected of you when you move out of your apartment. It gives, in detail, instructions on how to go about receiving your security deposit. When you move out, your apartment keys must be turned in together and a forwarding address of where to send the security deposit must be left with Inn-Town Homes.
As far as damages to the apartment, we videotape all of our apartments upon move out so there are no discrepancies about security deposit returns. If you follow the instructions on your move-out packet you should have no problem receiving a fair refund.